Terms & Conditions
Upon acceptance, our quote then becomes a contract – meaning the client accepts the terms and conditions listed below.
- A quote or job is considered “accepted” by the client upon either; return of quote acceptance form or response to quote in writing asking us to proceed or stating “yes” “go ahead” or similar. Payment of invoice or deposit invoice is also considered to be an acceptance of the quote or job.
- Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd will not schedule work, or otherwise guarantee availability, until the deposit payment has been received in full.
- Deposit amounts are strictly non-refundable outside of the Cooling Off Period.
- All equipment installed shall remain the property of Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd until payment has been received in full. Employees of Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd have the right to enter the premises where work has been performed and recover the equipment if default is made on payment.
- Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd may change scheduled dates at short notice for reasons such as; high priority emergency at a health care provider such as an aged care home, scheduled laborers not attending work, previously scheduled jobs running overtime, or non compatible weather such as rain when workers are required to be on the roof.
- Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd will accept responsibility for damages to equipment or property caused by Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd employees during the installation or other service provided, unless otherwise outlined. Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd do not take responsibility for any consequential damages to property after the installation is complete and the system(s) have been commissioned.
- For any job, adequate space or access panels must be available to enable full servicing of the systems installed. Any costs incurred due to inaccessible systems are to be borne by the client, irrespective of whether the system has been commissioned or not.
- System maintenance is the responsibility of the owner; drains, filters, etc should be cleaned regularly to avoid any damage to property. In the case of hydronic heating systems, annual servicing is required to prevent rusting etc. Water damage is not covered by warranty, nor is any repainting.
- If in the event a service call is placed and it is found that the equipment is operating normally or malfunctioning due to misuse or negligence by the client or the equipment has not been properly maintained by a licensed air conditioning or hydronic heating company in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations, the client will pay the cost of the service call together with labour and material costs.
- In the event of site attendance by Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd employees when access cannot be granted, a call out fee and hourly rate for the laborer will be payable by the client.
- All services will be performed during normal labourer hours Monday to Friday 7am – 3.30pm, excluding public holidays and Christmas closure days. Any work requested outside these hours will be charged at “out of hours” rates.
- Warranty will not be covered if it is found equipment is damaged by outside influences beyond the control of Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd. Some examples of this are: incorrect voltage, vandalism to equipment, flood, fire, lightning strike, modifications to equipment carried out by unauthorised personnel.
- In some circumstances planning approval may be required prior to installation of any outdoor units depending upon the Council involved; it is the client’s responsibility to determine whether this is the case and to obtain any necessary approvals that may be required. Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd will help with this in any way it can, e.g. providing drawings of equipment locations, etc.
- Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd is not responsible for any existing electrical installation. Any unforeseen conditions to aerial or underground mains will be at the client’s expense unless specifically quoted for in writing.
- Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd is not responsible for any electrical upgrades from the street mains to the switchboard, or switchboard upgrades, unless specifically quoted for in writing.
- When walking through ceilings whilst installing it is not our responsibility to repair any damage to ceilings from gyprock fixing screws or gyprock joins pushing through the set due to modern truss roofs flexing; we will take all care in trying to avoiding this occurring.
- Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd is not responsible for minor cracks and blemishes that may appear in ceilings and walls where duct outlets and return airs are installed; due to the construction techniques used in modern houses and older fragile ceilings this can be an unavoidable occurrence. All care will be taken in trying to avoid this occurring.
- In some cases, variations need to be made to an original quote for reasons such as change of mind by the client, or unforeseen difficulties uncovered during installation. All work may be paused by Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd until variations in costs are agreed to by the customer, and/or paid for as necessary.
Cooling off period
- You can withdraw from a contract without penalty for up to five days after signing the contract – being the nominated cooling off period.
- If you withdraw from the contract during the cooling-off period, you are not liable to Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd in any way – for example, for financial losses. You may be liable for incidental expenses of Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd.
- Your cooling-off period starts from the date you received the copy signed by Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd, regardless of when you signed the contract. You will generally find this signed document attached to the end of your quote.
- You are entitled to a refund of your deposit, less $100 and any out-of-pocket expenses Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd incurred before the contract was withdrawn, which you approved. This can include things such as stock already ordered and costs of labourers who already attended site.
You do not get a cooling-off period if you:
- Previously entered into a contract with Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd on the same terms for the same home or land, and cancelled the contract during the cooling-off period
- Engaged a lawyer to review the contract before you signed. However, a building lawyer can help you understand and negotiate your contract.
You must notify Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd in writing if you decide to withdraw from the contract by;
- leaving it with office staff of Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd
- sending it to the Arctic Melbourne office by registered post
- emailing it to email@example.com
Ending your contract
- You must give Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd a signed notice stating that the contract is being ended. The notice must also give details of why the contract is being ended.
- If you end the contract in this way, you must still pay Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd a reasonable price for work completed before the contract ends. Arctic Melbourne Pty Ltd may not recover more than they would have under the contract.